Friday 24 September 2010

Personal Update #1.

This is a new blog. I already have a blog! What am I doing?!
This blog was meant to be more for articles and new art more than personal updates, but now that is all I feel like posting here. So. Fresh start. I will keep it updated with articles and new art, but I will also throw in personal updates. Such as this one.
Once again, it is a Friday night and I am at home with my boyfriend instead of out being odd with the other crazy kids in my age group. This is good. Going out is not on my 'things that I do like' list. We live in North West England and we have a kitten named Shadow. He works in IT and I am an artist who is also looking for a normal people job. I also write articles! Usually unpaid ones! Thrilling stuff.

Today has been particulatrly good. I got a copy of Zoe Boekbinder's new EP 'Over The Top'. It has 5 songs on it:
Crush, which I have loved since I heard it in a YouTube video of her and her sister (Zoe and her sister Kim used to be a band called Vermillion Lies) playing it live. I bought the EP for this song, in all honesty. The version on 'Over The Top' is different but really, reeeeally good. Single Ladies, which is, as you can probably guess, a cover of the Beyonce song. But made cool. Poker Face, Lady Gaga cover, clearly. Also made cool.
Break You Nice is a song by Electrosexual, Scream club, Mz Sunday Luv and, of course, Zoe. It wasn't what I expected to hear at all, but after a few listens, I fell in love. Lastly Won't You Come Home Bill Bailey, according to the notes on the CD, is performed by Zoe's grandfather Bobbie Boekbinder (circa 1954) and is terrific.

Anyway, clearly Zoe is awesome. I hope you already knew that from her fine work with Kim Boekbinder as 'Vermillion Lies' and her solo album 'Artichoke Perfume' (which is utterly sublime...also I don't think I've ever used the word 'sublime' before).
On a related note, Kim Boekbinder is releasing her album 'The Impossible Girl' in 4 parts (1 a month). The first two are out now and amazing. Particularly the song 'Stalker' which you can listen to (along with the rest of part 2 and if you follow the links, part 1) HERE. You should also click where it says 'video'. The videos for 'Open/Avocado' and 'Impossible Girl #2' are amazing and I admit that I didn't know the one for 'Sex, Drugs & Nuclear Physics' didn't exist, but that is an excellent song, so the video probably is too. Watch, watch, watch.

What else?
This will probably mark me out as a loser, but I don't care. If you like something, you should own it, so here we go. My Chemical Romance's new song can now be listened to on the internet. My 13 year old self is ABSOLUTELY DYING, YOU GUYS. The song is called 'Na Na Na (Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na)'.
Seriously. In real life. On the bright side, I think that the song (also the trailer for the album which exists but I can't be bothered to look for and post it) show that they're not taking themselves seriously and fuck it, neither should you. It's catchy! The I like about this band is that they're a bunch of geeky guys who aren't cool! They're a group of freaks who made some decent music, got famous, got their hands on some money and did something with costumes and stuff that most of their fans didn't even like (The Black Parade) because it was what they wanted to do. I don't like them as much as I used to, but I do like that aspect of them. So much.

Now I'm going to go do other stuff. You should absolutely look at my flickr.
Over the next few days I am going to be posting a few other things, such as Monster Girl's interview with me and a review of the project I did last year. They shall be placed here for safekeeping. Why would I want to lose stuff like that?

Audrey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers