Saturday 6 February 2010

They can't take- they can't take you from me.

Got a photo done in a photobooth. This is my current facebook profile image. I had it done in the train station and there were some men doing some maintainence work or something just outside it so I got scared that I couldn't go in and because I'm the most nervous and jumpy person you're likely to come across at times, that was bad. But Johnny went into it and said it was fine, so I did the 3 photos thing and found that the first two were shite and after adjusting the seat, I came up with this one. Not amazing but believe me, a vast improvement on the other two.
I've been drawing mice and watching QI all evening.
And doing 30 second drawings. Drawing quickly but still getting my point across is one of my strong points...however...poses I've never had reason to draw in a mere 30 seconds? Very difficult. Very. Still, I think I did okay.
Um...I drew a really great mouse?
I finally got an inexpensive coat that isn't completely ugly. I got 3 books as well. 2 of them are favourites of mine... 'Lolita' by Vladimir Nabokov -except who doesn't love that book? Everyone I've met has either loved it or been fucking creeped out by the whole thing.-, 'Before I Die' by Jenny Downham -I have never cried so much over a book in my entire life.- and I also got 'The God of Small Things' by Arundhati Roy, which I have never read. The charity shop from which I bought that and 'Before I Die' were doing a 2 for 1 thing on the books so I just grabbed the first book I saw that I hadn't read already but had heard of. Not sure how interested I really am in 'The God of Small Things'. I've heard good things but...I don't know. It just doesn't interest me terribly.
I've also been listening to Astronautalis. The only rapper I've ever liked. I saw him open for Tegan & Sara when Johnny and Lucy and I went to see them for my birthday (well, Johnny and I went to see them for my birthday but we also met up with Lucy because Lucy fucking rules). The title of my blog comes from one of his songs. I can't remember what song though because I've listened to it once. I just liked the line...

I've been messing around with inks and pastels and when I feel proud enough of something (I've done a few okay things but...still just messing around.) I might put it here.
If we're friends on facebook, you can probably go see stuff I've done recently anyway.


Note: If I sound like I am under the impression that someone is actually going to read this, it's just because I figure that if I'm going to put something out on the internet, I may as well not seem like I'm talking to myself. I understand that the void is just eating my words, as it has eaten many of my possessions in recent times.

2 comments:

  1. Have you read other books by Nabokov? I read Bend Sinister after reading Lolita and thought it was pretty good, but I haven't read anything else.

    ReplyDelete

Followers